Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Autumn/Winter Collection


This winter I’ve taken a slightly darker turn, naming the collection Black Dahlia after the infamous unsolved murder case in 1940s’ Los Angeles. But I was also inspired by the dark side of the fairytales I grew up with.

There’s plenty of my favourite lace this season, with sleeves and panels revealing glimpses of flesh, and dresses with swirling skirts adding a little drama to the romance. Simple print dresses have a nostalgic air, with some of the floral prints having a touch of the ’40s about them.

I always love to have some comfortable tailoring in the mix, with slouchy trousers with deep pockets, paired with a number of jacket styles with or without collars and lapels. There’s a longer line jacket that will pair well with a pretty dress, and a camel coat that has something of the femme fatale about it.

Knits always make me nostalgic and, hopefully this season you’ll feel the same way. Perhaps they’ll make you want to curl up in front of a film noir thriller?

Here’s a glimpse of what to expect in store this season.








No comments:

Post a Comment