Thursday, August 16, 2012

Artisans of Fashion

I’ve been involved with the Artisans of Fashion initiative for some time, which helps to support the Indian craftspeople who are so integral to the fashion industry, and in particular those women and children based in rural locations.

For this project, I was one of a number of designers invited to create a piece for the Artisans of Fashion Project. These pieces were shot in India on incredible Australian models Nicole Pollard and Louise van de Vorst (pictured) to form an exhibition, which was launched last night. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to be there as my new baby girl is keeping me busy.

Following the exhibition the pieces will be auctioned off to raise funds for the initiative.

I’m so thrilled with our result, a beautiful strapless gown with a beaded lace bodice and a sheer tulle overlay skirt. It’s romantic and nostalgic and I hope it finds a very happy home after the auction. 

Some of the other designers and labels who joined in this project are Easton Pearson, Aurelio Costarella, Roopa Pemmaraju and Camilla.

If you’re in Sydney, please go and have a look at the photographs by Georges Antoni and Robyn Beeche that are hanging in the Strand Arcade. And if you’d like to find out more about Artisans of Fashion, see artisansoffashion.com










No comments:

Post a Comment