Thursday, May 5, 2011

A love of Butterflies




Butterflies have always fascinated me and are a continual source of inspiration. Their colours are completely transfixing, especially the ones which are almost iridescent and glimmer in the sunshine. They’re like little works of art flying around the garden, and I love it when you spot one in an expected place or glimpse one when you least expect it. The way they float through the air, as if they’re deciding which way to go on the merest whim or simply seeing where the breeze takes them, brings a sense of freedom and lightness that I like to try and capture in my work. I even like having framed butterflies on the wall, where you can really appreciate their beauty up close, and I think they’re a gorgeous gift for good friends.  

Sunday Magazine - 13th March 2011
















No comments:

Post a Comment