Friday, July 22, 2011

Winter Escapes

 I¹m sitting here in the office on a dreary winter¹s day and dreaming of a summer holiday to warm me up. These destinations are currently top of my go-to lists


If you're able to get away to the sun during our winter months, one of my favourite destinations is Mexico¹s Yucatán Peninsula. Added bonus: it¹s only a couple of hours¹ flight from New York. This cool, hip resort has everything you could wish for‹crystalline waters, flighty flamingos, amazing ruins and fantastically fiery food. The Mr & Mrs Smith hotel guides will help you find somewhere fabulous to stay.






Another favourite destination is Galle in Sri Lanka, and the only place to stay while you¹re there is the Amangalla Resort. Of course, I may be biased as it¹s where I went with friends and family to get married a few years ago. Galle is such a special place in the world, and was largely saved from the tsunami by the being a walled city. It's less hectic than India, and the welcome at the Amangalla is as warm as the weather.






2 comments:

  1. Divine! I'm so over the rain!!!!Would love to escape too!
    KL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Oh gosh, to be able to escape this rainy Sydney weather and spend a few days (weeks?) in either of these locations. How divine.
    Would love to see some of your wedding pics! Such a unique venue.

    ReplyDelete